‘Living Your Best Life’? Take a moment to self-reflect…What are you passionate about? What makes you feel alive and purposeful? What boosts your energy level, feeds you, brings you enthusiasm for life? Are you following your passion, your dreams, your true purpose at this moment in your life? If your answer is ‘Yes’, I want to acknowledge your commitment to self, and ask if there are other passions and dreams you have yet to explore? If you answered ‘ No’, are you interested in introducing more passion and purpose into your life? Either way, there is no time like the present. As the old saying goes, ‘Yesterday’s history, tomorrow’s a mystery. Today is a gift… that’s why they call it the present’. (Unknown).
With the days growing longer, seize this opportunity to do something that truly feeds you! Put those nay-saying thoughts aside that play messages like…’I’m too busy to make the time’…’My family and friends will suffer ’, and the big gut wrencher often buried subconsciously, ‘I’m not worthy or entitled to seek my true passions and purpose in life.” It’s your turn! Bring yourself out of the low light and perhaps self-imposed darkness, and ignite your inner fire and passion; seize this opportunity to live your life more fully!
As Marianne Williamson suggests:
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually who are you NOT to be? …. your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. You were born to manifest the glory… within you. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own Light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
With manifesting personal passion and true purpose in mind, consider introducing and building in some of the following suggestions, or better yet, intuitively come up with your own. Before starting, please consciously park any self-judgements, limiting beliefs, and/or self critiquing notions, and let yourself expand, dream, create, honour where you’ve been as well as the many incredible journeys you have yet to take.
Here are a few ideas to consider:
• Make time to reflect on what is truly important to you.
• Pose questions to yourself then describe what really feeds you: what you’re passionate about, what boosts your energy. Jot down your ideas/thoughts, do some journaling, share with another.
• Recognize that with new beginnings may well come change, unfamiliarity, perhaps even
fears, and ask/trust your high power and inner wisdom to guide you in moving forward.
• Set purposeful intents and consider calling on someone to be your witness.
• Back and support yourself through thick and thin. Remember, you’re truly worth supporting!
• Use your new intent(s) to create a Personal Belief Statement or Affirmation you can really buy into, to act as your daily reminder and post them strategically throughout your personal spaces. Then back yourself some more!
Most of all, let go of any negative self talk, self doubts, or fears you may have about living your life to the fullest and invite new beginnings into your life. Let your passionate, true self shine brightly!
Jeanie Paterson, MA, CPC is the owner of Full Spectrum Coaching & Consulting Services. She can be reached at 250.753.4826 or by email at email@example.com